Programme -- fun filled day of events & thingamy:
The h'official, and possibly subject to minor change if required, times:
- 10:00 - Registration Opens!
- 11:00 - H'Official Welcome -- The kick-off that gets the whole day going.
- 11:30 - Costume Parade -- dress as your favourite Discworld Character. (Voting continues until 15:00, Prizes awarded for best costumes.)
- 12:00 - Discworld around the Roundworld -- A brief discussion of where to find fellow Discworld fans, and what they get up to.
- 13:00 - Lunch Orders
- 13:30 - A Discworld Pub Quizz -- Test your knowledge of Terry's books, and things vaguely related. Prizes for the winning team!
- 15:00 - A reading from the latest unpublished work by Sir Terry Pratchett - Snuff, where we find out what happens when Commander Sam Vimes goes on holiday...
Followed by drawing the raggle to win a SIGNED PROOF COPY of Snuff
- 16:30 - The SA Priemer of Going Postal - Part One -- The showing of the wonderful movie of the book.
- 18:00 - Dinner Orders
- 18:00 - Auction of rare Discworld Items
- 19:30 - The SA Premier of Going Postal Part Two
- 21:00 - What next? -- Who wants to help host a Discworld Convention next May, and hopefully get Sir Terry to South Africa?
- Throught the day:
The Discworld -- "Ankh-Morpork" Board-game
The newest Discworld boardgame, available to play - its first international release
Hopefully, we will have a few to sell as well.
as well as the previously released "Guards, Guards" board-game.